Monday, July 28, 2014

Sergei Vasilenko-Concerto for Balalaika & Orchestra "In Springtime" Suite for Flute & Orchestra



Here's a couple of rarities; the only other Vasilenko discs I have are two on Marco Polo, one of

which contains his best known (if you can even call it that) "Indian" and "Chinese" suites. Enjoy.


Segei Vasilenko (30 March 1872 to 11 March 1956) was a Russian and Soviet composer and music teacher whose compositions showed a strong tendency towards mysticism.
Vasilenko was born in Moscow and originally studied Law at Moscow University, but then changed direction and studied at the Moscow Conservatory from 1896 to 1901 as a pupil of Sergei Taneyev and Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov. From 1903 to 1904 he was the conductor of a private opera house in Moscow. For several years he was the organiser and conductor of the Historic Concerts of the Russian Musical Society. He then became a Professor at the Moscow Conservatory, where his students included Aram Khachaturian, Nikolai Roslavets, Nikolai Rakov and Aarre Merikanto.
Vasilenko was awarded the Order of the Red Banner as well as the title "Merited Worker of Arts". In 1947, he was awarded the Stalin Prize. He died in Moscow in 1956.







http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/96980063/file.html





5 comments:

Barron said...

Your blog has kicked off with bang! Thank you for these wonderful posts. I look forward to visiting your blog frequently.

Barron said...

Now that I have actually listened to this I want to thank you again. I hope you will post the other Vasilenko that you have.

Tzadik said...

Hi Barron thank you for the kind words. I will upload the other Vasilenko discs, but it will take a while as I have 1000's of cds also in storage. If work wasn't so tiring I'd be posting every day! Stay tuned, a few posts are coming tonight -Regards

Tzadik said...

Barron I hadn't used my proper id to reply to you. I shall upload the Vasilenko when I can, they might be in storage amidst 1000's of other discs.

Regards

AT said...

I've search the history of your uploads and I found a lot of interesting posts. It will take some time to download all and even more time hear all.
I send you my regards with best wishes for 2015