Thursday, August 21, 2014

Peter Sculthorpe-In Memoriam (1929-2014) -The String Quartets Vol.2

Peter Sculthorpe, Australia's greatest late 20th century composer died on August 8th, 2014 in Sydney. He was Born April 29th, 1929 in Tasmania. Sculthorpe derived much of his inspiration from nature;
indigenous musics from the Pacific Rim (Aboriginal, Japanese, Balinese and the sounds of the wild
birds, wind, and thunder too are evocative sources) synthesized into a music that was all his own.
Wonderfully colored, oft melancholic, desolate at times.. 

This is Vol. 2 of his String Quartets (Tall Poppies records) and I will post Volumes 1 and 3 once

I find where I put them! Enjoy



http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/51879775/file.html


4 comments:

Out of the lion's mouth... said...

Thank you!!!

Tzadik said...

You are quite welcome :) Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

Some of most interesting quartets I have heard. Thank you so much Tzadik

Tzadik said...

You are very welcome, and I agree! Please check out the String Quartets of Arnold Rosner, also on my blog: http://nocturna-artificialia.blogspot.com/2014/08/arnold-rosner-chamber-music-volume-ii.html