Thursday, August 28, 2014

Stanley Bate & William Henry Bell - Viola Concertos (World Premieres) Vaughan Williams - Romance

Dutton's adventurous and explorative label, Dutton Epoch has an impressive on-going series surveying British composers, mostly lesser known, but also lesser known works by better known composers (Vaughan Williams, Bax, etc.) as well. This is one of the finest releases in the series; Stanley Bate's Viola Concerto is a major find- fans of Vaughan Williams (like myself) will be
in heaven, the concerto is beautiful. We also get a viola concerto "Rosa Mystica" by William Henry Bell. It's a real keeper too, but I prefer the Bate. Also Vaughan William's short "Romance". Enjoy!




Top of the Epoch list for October 2008 comes a gorgeous programme of viola concertos whose previous neglect no one at Dutton Epoch can understand. Played by celebrated British viola player Roger Chase, the Stanley Bate and W H Bell Concertos are both heart-warming and tuneful scores oozing popular appeal. These remarkable finds are made even more appealing by the coupling – Chase’s own orchestration of Vaughan Williams’s wonderful Romance. The BBC Concert Orchestra is on top form under the direction of Steve Bell, and to top it all Roger Chase plays the programme on Lionel Tertis’s celebrated Montagnana Viola.

New Link:

British_Viola_Concertos-Tzadik.zip



http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/Fnnb2iSw/file.html


Enjoy!

10 comments:

D.ydak said...

Fantastic!!

Tzadik said...

Yes, I agree :D

AT said...

I've search the history of your uploads and I found a lot of interesting posts. It will take some time to download all and even more time hear all.
I send you my regards with best wishes for 2015

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting all of these unknown heroes.
thank you for enriching my life and the life of others
by promoting composers the would have been left unheard otherwise.
great effort in the name of music - your a hero too!
the composers are smiling at you from their place in heaven!

Anonymous said...

The link has gone I'm afraid

tsw said...

Hi, can you please reupload this, thanks a lot!

Tzadik said...

Apologies to Toon and Anon #1 for missing your comments from so many months ago. Anon person I do not know if you will see this (pretty unlikely) but in case you do - thank you for such wonderful comments!
I wish I had read this sooner :(

Kind regards

TZ

Tzadik said...

Anon #2 and tsw - I have just provided a fresh link for you

TZ

tsw said...

Thank u for your hard work, Tzadik !

Anonymous said...

Please can You Re-Up This.