Monday, June 22, 2015

Jesús Guridi - Complete String Quartets (Nos 1 and 2) - Bretón String Quartet - Naxos Spanish Classics 2013


Here is yet another unopened/unheard selection, and with this release I have high hopes as Guridi is a very fine composer indeed who writes colorful and exciting (oft folk-inspired) orchestral scores in particular. I am entirely unfamiliar with his chamber music.



These quartets I shall check out after work-perhaps someone else can fill me in with their own comments/review :-)

Enjoy all

Guridi_String_Quartets_(Complete)-Tzadik.zip

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/fgilOFmd/file.html

6 comments:

AT said...

Many thanks and regards from The Netherlands.
Veel dank en groeten uit Nederland.

Tzadik said...

As always, thank you Toon for taking a moment to comment. Enjoy

TZ

Willy zur Macht said...

Thanks for this post, I like his Sinfonia Pirenaica and I'm curious to discover his quartets

Whizzbizz said...

Thank you for posting this. I didn't know the composer until now, and I really appreciate his music.

Tzadik said...

Hallo Willy, you are quite welcome. Sinfonia Pirenaica is one of the only Guridi pieces I don't own.
Not sure I ever heard it even, but many people have said good things about it.

TZ

Tzadik said...

Hey Whizzbizz

Thank you for taking time to comment-I appreciate that, friend! Happy to be able to introduce you to
his music!

Best,

TZ