Friday, June 17, 2016

Latvian Music Series Vol. 1 - Jermaks, Five Latvian Folk Songs - Keninš, Sonata for 2 Pianos - Mežaraups, Deux Postludes aprés Chopin - Mence, Songs for 2 Pianos - Zemzaris, "Three Sisters" Fantasy for 2 Pianos - Aperans, Haiku for 2 Pianos - Vecumnieks, Quasi Campanella, & Paraphrase - Angelok1, 2003

This is a really great survey of music written for one and two pianos by Latvian composers. I bought this disc for the Imants Zemzaris piece, the composer from the last two posts. The opening work by Romualds Jermaks "Five Latvian Folk Songs" (one piano, four hands) is one of my favorites on here, and I imagine that most of you will be immediately taken and drawn in from the first bars! 

*I will have to write more on this disc and the composers later, it's getting late and I have to go out for a few hours!




Again I shall finish the post (hopefully) tonight if it's not 3 a.m. etc..

Enjoy!

Latvian_Music_Series_Vol.1-Tzadik.zip

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/r7eAboKm/file.html

No comments: