Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Charles Koechlin - Music for Flute

This Hyperion disc is among the finest Koechlin discs out there, or at least I think so. Everything here is just so lovely- Koechlin seemed to add a certain indescribable "magical touch" to everything that he penned. Even the Sonata for two Flutes I find highly engaging! Enjoy...



Entrancing, enthralling, and entertaining … I shall not part with my copy until the Sheriff knocks at the door, and then only grudgingly!' (American Record Guide)

An absolute classic, not only for Koechlin enthusiasts but for lovers of the flute and deft artistry' (Fanfare, USA)


Koechlin_Music_For_Flute_Tz.zip

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/99056774/file.html

7 comments:

theblueamos said...

One Koechlin a day keeps the doctor away.Funny I was just thinking of this Hyperion cd,when you posted it.I have one other favorite Koechlin wind cd,that because of my O.M syndrome,the only thing I can remember about it, is that the cover is blue.I will look through my Balagan and ask you about it.In the meantime all the best from jerusalem

Tzadik said...

Hello there t.b.a. Ha, you are the second person to have Koechlin on their mind amidst my posting his music! It was meant to be ;) I have to say though..I'm very saddened and sorry to hear about the OMS; I had never heard of it before, I cannot believe how rare it is. That a kind soul like you should deal with this is such an injustice. Do let me know about the disc whenever; I'm here my friend. Kindest regards, Tzadik

theblueamos said...

Hi TZ,I found it,I guess the OMS is not that devastating. I ment: Charles Koechlin String Quartets Nos. 1 & 2 Ardeo String Quartet by AR RE-SE.and: Piano works by Charles Koechlin,boaz Sharon-piano by orion.Two discs I like a lot.dont pass out but keep your great effort up,I guess there are quite a few devotees who eagerly await your special posts.All the very best from Jerusalem.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to giving this a listen or two, always something good to be found on your site, and usually something I have never heard before. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for more Koechlin!

Piterets

Tzadik said...

Hi anon, enjoy the Koechlin, his music is excellent, he was his own man indeed. And you're welcome of course :)

Tzadik said...

No problem Piterets, happy you like! -What do you think of Koechlin's string quartets?